It’s the time of year for giving, and a darts related gift is perfect for anyone. Just about anything you get will be the gift that keeps on giving.
Darts as a gift can be a bit tricky. They come in all shapes, sizes weights, grips, styles, colors, and more. So unless the person you are buying for has made it clear exactly what they want, you may want to stay away from getting an actual set of darts.
So if not darts, then what?
Worry not! We have ideas to fit all players and budgets. So whether they are just getting started or buying for the guy who has everything, check out our list for this year’s must-haves.
Best Dart Gift Ideas For The Darts Player In Your Life
A New Dartboard
Dartboards that get used often wear out. Most players love their dartboard and put off getting a new one until their current board is falling apart. If this describes your dart player, a new board is just the thing.
In our review of the best dartboards, we looked at several of the top contenders but there was one clear winner, the Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core (link to Amazon). With thinner wires that increase the scoring area and a second core of sisal fibers to increase durability, it is the best dartboard on the market.
- The world's most advanced dartboard with exclusive British Darts Organization (BDO) endorsement
- Fewer lost darts and best-in-class durability with the patented Dual Core Technology
- Increased scoring area with 14% thinner wiring system than the previous generation Blade 4 Dual Core for higher scoring potential
- Reduced bounce-outs and improved dart deflection with 30-degree reduction in razor wire angle
A Dartboard Cabinet or Surround
If the dartboard is good, but the wall is not, it may be time to get a cabinet or surround. While a surround is good for basic protection, a good dart cabinet can include many other features such as a scoreboard, lighting, and storage.
The Winmau surround is my favorite. It is made with high-quality polyurethane, co’mes in several colors, and looks great with any setup (it looks even better if you have a matching Winmau board).
- Winmau Printed black dartboard surround
- Suitable for all Winmau bristle dartboards
- Perfect for home or club use
- 43.6cm Inner Diameter, 67.5cm Outer Diameter
Choosing a dart cabinet can be a bit trickier. As mentioned above, they do come with several optional features, and then there is sizing. You need to make sure that the cabinet you get fits in the space available.
Our favorite is the Barrington Premium Bristle Dartboard Cabinet but it may be a little large and extravagant for most. If you think a cabinet might be the right gift we recommend checking out our article about the best dartboard cabinets to find what works for you.
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE FOR ALL SKILL TYPES: Regardless if you play professionally or recreationally or just beginning, the Barrington Woodhaven fully-equipped dart playing kit offers all amenities for ideal precision, execution, and keeping score.
- SHOW OFF MORE THAN JUST TALENT: Crafted from premium, durable MDF and wood veneer, the Barrington complete dart sets are not just beautifully designed - they promise long-lasting quality through years of wear-and-tear.
- FULLY EQUIPPED: Included in this arcade set is an elegant, stylish cabinet that protects your walls as well as a sisal bullseye, 6 darts, 6 flats, 2 scoreboards, and built-in LED lights - all you need for a fun game with friends or family.
- GORGEOUS AESTHETICS: Exhibiting a minimalistic design with bold lines, our indoor darts game cabinet commands attention but won’t overpower the decor of a game room, bar, lounge, or man cave. This kit adds handsomeness to homes or commercial spaces.
A Dart Mat
If you have your wall protected, what about the floor? A dart mat is a perfect gift to protect your floor not only from bounce outs but the constant wear and tear and walking back and forward across the same spot thousands of times a week.
A mat is a great gift idea. They roll-up small when not in use and usually come with their own pre-measured oche.
A Laser Oche
Don’t want to mess up your floor with a big ugly dart line? You can now get a laser oche that attaches to the underside of your dartboard and projects that toe line at just the right spot. Finished playing? Turn it off and the line is gone. Perfect if your darts setup is in a shared space.
- State-Of-The-Art Laser Beam Which Accurately Marks Your Throw/Toe Line; Provides A Modern Alternative To Traditional Adhesive Floor Markers
- Compatible With Both Steel And Soft Tip Darts, Making The Viper Laser Throw/Toe Line Marker An Essential Accessory For Causal And Competitive Dart Player Alike
- Bright And Energy Efficient Lighting Of The Laser Allows It To Be Seen Even In Intense Daylight; Can Be Positioned At Any Vertical Angle Near Your Dartboard
- After Securely Mounting The Laser On A Cabinet Or Wall, Tighten The 2 Screws On Each Side Of The Laser (Do Not Overtighten) To Ensure It Stays In Place Even If It Is Bumped
A Dart Case
For the dart player on the go, a case can be a great idea. There are many cases on the market to choose from. The one key feature I look for in a case is that it fits the darts when they are fully assembled.
Taking apart your darts to put them in a case is a waste of time and causes unnecessary wear and tear on your darts just to save a few millimeters.
The second consideration is what extras does it store. While most will be content with having a few extra shafts and flights. Some will want to bring their whole collection.
f you need something small, go with the Harrows Ace Case. The foam inserts on the inside hold your darts in place, and there is a zippered compartment for everything else. This is all wrapped up in a hard outer shell designed to take a beating.
If you need bigger. Go with the Case Master Legion Aluminum Dart Case. It is a large briefcase like case that holds 3 assembled sets of darts, space for dozens of flights, stems, and more. This is the case I use and it has held up to plenty of abuse over the last 5 years.
- Tough Aluminum Shell - Aluminum is the perfect case material as it provides strength in a lightweight, easy to carry package.
- Holds Nine Darts - Enough storage space for nine darts, three complete sets!
- Expanded Storage - Tons of additional storage space for everything else you need at a dart outing: twelve pockets for extra flights and ten mini pockets for shafts and and large pocket for bigger needs.
- Additional Compartments - Additional plastic compartments provide additional protection for smaller accessories like extra soft tips.
Lastly, If you are buying for a player that truly does have everything they already need why not get them a darts shit? I’m not talking about the kind you see the pros using in tournaments. I’m talking about a shirt that has some personality.
A shirt is a great idea because it is something they can use even when they are not playing. Great news. We just launched a new merch site at DartSwag.com. We have a wide array of dart shirts for any player with a sense of humor. Check it out!
What are you getting for that special dart player in your life? Or if you consider yourself that special dart player, what are you asking for? Let us know in the comments below. If you are lucky, maybe Santa will see it, and bring you what you want this year.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 08:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API