I haven’t owned many dartboards, but I have played on lots. Out of all the boards in all the pubs, nothing compares to the Winmau Blade 5 Bristle Dartboard. Winmau has pushed the boundaries of technology to provide a set of features you can not find on any other dartboard.
Even compared to the Blade 4, the wires are thinner, the beds are bigger, and the colors are brighter. The Blade 5 offers a solid firm construction that even comes in a dual-core model for added durability. Winmau also has patented a three-wheel lock mounting system to make setup a breeze on any surface.
Winmau Blade 5 Dartboard
“The Blade 5 is my favorite dartboard. Winmau sets the bar for what a dartboard should be. It has a solid construction, a beautiful finish, easy setup, and at a price point that can not be beaten.”
Let’s take a look at some of the key features of this BDO endorsed board
- Completely staple free
- Densely packed high-quality East African sisal fibers
- Beautiful and vibrantly contrasting scorings sectors
- Wire angle reduced to 60 degrees
- The tensile strength of the wire has increased by 20%
- 14% reduction in web surface area for higher scoring.
- A 9mm² extra scoring area in the doubles
- A 6mm² extra scoring area in the trebles
- Rota-Lock mounting system for easy setup
So What does all this mean? Bigger targets and fewer bounces outs mean higher scoring! All on a beautiful, high-quality board the will last you for years to come. The Blade 5 is the board I am currently using and plan to for years to come.
If you are still not convinced, you can read the Amazon reviews here and see what others think. There are some other good boards out there, but if I am asked for a recommendation, it will be the Blade 5 without thinking twice.
Last update on 2022-01-17 at 16:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API